Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Say What?

I had my first real conversation on the phone with Benjamin today. I was on my way back home from working some and called home and Halmuni handed Benjamin the phone like she often does. Usually he might say hi but more often than not he just listens to me talk. But today was a whole new thing.

"Hi Benjamin. It's me, Mommy."
"Hi, Mommy."
"How are you doing?"
"Good."
"Did you have a good nap?"
"Yes."
"What are you doing now?"
"Sitting eating pretzels."
"Are you watching T.V.?"
"Yes. (Then he says something that I have forgotten about the show he is watching)"

It was so strange hearing his little voice over the phone, so clear and... well, grown up sounding. When the heck did we have a baby that can talk on the phone? *Sigh* He is growing up so fast.

No comments: