Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Tooth!

We were visiting Grandmommy and Granddaddy Kivett in Burlington on Saturday the 18th for Granddaddy's birthday and while we were there Henry discovered that Benjamin has his first tooth coming in! Okay, this is exciting for sure, but I was really thinking that I would be the first to find this out because of the constant breastfeeding and all. But I guess I am somewhat immune as Benjamin does chomp down often with his steel-trap gums so that may be why I didn't notice. But, oh my gosh! It is crazy that he has teeth! Okay, one tooth. But still! I am really going to miss his gums though. He has lovely gums.

He has been a tad fussy but nothing too terrible. He likes to bite his fingers and toys to relieve some of the pressure. And recently likes to bite every square inch around his Soothie pacifier. It is a harder silicone than regular pacifiers so it feels good to bite. And he has been restless at night, often forming the letter H with him in the middle and me and his dad as the vertical lines.

Guess we need to go ahead and register Benjamin with the Tooth Fairy because I hear there's a long wait.

No comments: